Friday, January 23, 2009

Apparently, she wants out!

I've been home from the hospital for a few hours now, but it seems like Riley doesn't want to wait much longer to come out! From last night, I noticed that her movements had slowed down a lot.. she's usually really active in the middle of the night. I hadn't felt her move for about 6 or 7 hours, so I called the hospital. They told me I should be fine, that all babies had their "quiet time" intervals, and if she hadn't moved by morning to come in.

I went to work as normal this morning, but was experiencing some light cramping. Nothing huge, or painful, just annoying. I didn't think much of it, since it really wasn't hurting, but I still hadn't felt her move all morning. During my lunch break I decided to run to the nearest ER just to be safe that everything was okay. Thank goodness I did, because they admitted me, put me in a bed and hooked me up to some monitors only to find out that I was having contractions! I thought it was really weird, because I guess I had imagined that I would be in some pretty serious pain when I started having contractions.

They monitored me for about 4 hours, only to find that unfortunately, although tiny ones, my contractions were in fact regular. They had hoped they would stop on its own, but after about 5 hours of monitoring they finally gave me a shot to stop my contractions. It worked immediately, and an hour later I was sent home, thankfully.

Although I'm anxious to have her here, I'm so glad that today wasn't the day! It's still a little too early!! Seems like she's just as anxious as I am though.. =)

No comments: