Thursday, April 1, 2010

Catch Up Again..

Ok. Wow. I've been horrible at this lately. I guess when Riley was a little baby and took naps every two hours I had a lot of downtime to get on here and blog. Now-a-days it's a little different. I barely have free time to remember to even pull out my camera!

So, Riley is finally the "big" ONE! Well, technically now she's 13 months.. but, let's rewind a little. :) We had a party for her at my Dad's house in the backyard (thanks Dad & Rosa!!) and thank goodness the rain didn't come! She had a great time, really enjoyed stuffing her face with her cake before she went into a slight sugar coma and passed out in Jake's crib. Lol.

She is now 29 inches tall and weighs 20 lbs, 11 oz. Her one year checkup was good, we're still nice and healthy and growing normally. (except her feet.. this girl has the smallest feet ever, I still have to shop in the infant shoe section..she's ALMOST a size 3. LOL) We did have a little bit of a scare last week at her appt, her head circumfrence is pretty large, it always has been, but seems to keep growing rapidly. The Dr. felt her soft spot (which is supposed to fuse completely together by the time a baby is 18 months old) and it hadn't even started to close yet. The Dr. was concerned that there might be some internal swelling, which isn't allowing her skull to close, and might be pressing on a nerve that causes Riley to always lose her balance (she does have really horrible balance). She recommended us to a Neurologist, which we're still waiting to hear from- and she will need an MRI and an ultrasound of her head to make sure everything's okay. :(

Other than that, everything is perfect. She has more and more personality every day, she is now in her "giggly" stage. Everything you do or say makes her giggle. She makes herself giggle. I just hear her sitting in the corner of the room playing with her toys on her own, giggling to herself. So cute. She gives me kisses all the time now and it's the sweetest feeling in the world!

Here are some pics over the past few months:












Little Ms. Cindy Lou-Who



Happy St. Patty's Day!!

This is what happens when you have spaghetti for dinner.






1 comment:

The Pallantes said...

I just read this, and we went through the same exact thing with Mia's head when she was I think, 6 months. Try not to worry so much, big heads seem to be in fashion right now, because there are a lot of other kids that I have heard lately that have the same thing. Mia's head is off the charts, and I know how scary it can be...

Keep us posted, I'm sure she is going to be fine :)