Saturday, August 30, 2008

Slowly but Surely...

One trimester down, only 2 more to go! Haha.. even though I really can't complain about anything- I've had the easiest pregnancy thus far it's been unreal. No morning sickness, (not even once) no headaches, no cravings, no significant dislikes or things that make me sick to my stomach.. I couldn't ask for an easier pregnancy! Time just seems to be going by sooo slow.. we'll get there slowly but surely.

I have my next Dr's appt on Sept. 9th, I'm hoping we'll be able to listen to the baby's heartbeat by then! I CAN'T WAIT to find out the sex.. I think you can tell at about the 13th or 14th week or so..or at least get a good estimate, but my doctor wants to wait until I'm 20 weeks.. =( Once again..slowly but surely!

Fun Facts:
The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and her mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. Her intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity about now, and her kidneys will begin excreting urine into her bladder. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long(about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.


No comments: