Monday, February 16, 2009

Riley is... Frank?

It's actually a BOY!! No, just kidding. Well, Riley isn't Frank persay, but she is Frank Breech. Joey and I had a Dr. appointment last week at 36 weeks for our last ultrasound to check the weight and position of the baby. We had a little bit of disappointing news to find out that Riley is actually breeched. =/ The doctor told us that because I'm so far along, it is highly unlikely that she will be able to turn in the next few weeks before delivery, so we had to schedule an elective C-Section.
Frank Breech



I definitely was looking forward to the experience of child birth.. but, oh well. I have been able to find some of the positive things about this scheduled C Section thing. I get to sacrifice my "you know what" ;) (I know they say it goes back, but it could never be the same.. haha) I know exactly when she'll be born (Joey and I chose my birthday, February 25th.. what a great birthday present, huh?) and I won't ever have to experience the pains of labor. =) (that's probably the best one!)

So it looks like she'll be here a little earlier than expected.. so Joey and I have spent the last week getting the house ready, washing all the clothes, blankets, etc. Outrageous shopping trips to Babies R Us for last minute things we need.. and trying to get as much sleep as possible! I have one last Dr. appointment tomorrow before the big day.. hope everything goes well- and we'll keep everyone posted!

9 days and counting!!!

No comments: