Sunday, May 31, 2009

Playtime

Okay, so this may sound dumb to a lot of people, but this weekend Riley FINALLY started to "play" with her toys on her activity mat! Yay! I've been working on this with her for countless days trying to teach her to use her hands. Now she finally can reach above her and pull on her toys. I'm so proud of her for finally doing it! (though, we still are struggling with tummy time)It's a lifesaver now because she can lay on this mat and play all day long if I let her.. un-bothered. She coos all the time now when I talk to her, and smiles on a regular basis now (my mom swears she "laughed out loud" when she was babysitting on Saturday..hmmm, lol) and everyday gets a little more fun! This week has marked a month of her sleeping through the night (about 10 hours), and what can be more exciting than sleep after a newborn?? :) She's growing fast- straight out of her 3 month p.j's.. she's about 2-3 weeks away from being too tall to fit in them I would say. All in all, she is still a happy baby- and doesn't really cry often unless she's hungry.

Also, this weekend, Mommy finally left Riley with Grandma all day- and had a blast! It was the first time I have truly been "out" and away from Riley all day since she has been born. I missed her dearly, but it was just what I needed to get rejuvenated again! :) Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Grabbing her toys


Actually enjoying her playmat! Yay!


Jayden & Auntie Kelli came over for dinner


Riley has a weird thing about licking everyone.. LOL


"Hey Riley, why is my shirt soaking wet??"


He's getting soo bigg!!

No comments: